Baby Shower Must Have Items?

What are those "Must Have" items for your Baby Shower? My Shower is coming up and everyone is asking me what I need the most. I have a running list but I figure the more people chiming in, the better. I am sure to forget something.

Thanks

hsmominky

Asked by hsmominky at 9:40 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Gift cards are great! Onsies were my favorite thing we got a baby showers, my kids would strip out of the regular undershirts. LOL Diapers are great (I always leave them in the package in case they need to be returned as opposed to making a diaper cake) as well as wipes. I also like to give neat childcare books for new mommas and a gift certificate for a manicure or a massage or throw in some nice relaxing candles or something just for mom to enjoy.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I haven't had my own showers but I've been to several friends...
    -diapers
    -bottles
    -bottle warmers (just bought a travel warmer for a friend)
    -onesies
    -pumps if breast feeding
    -giftcards
    -bedding
    -pacifiers
    -toiletries
    -wipes
    -lotion
    -any and all clothes
    -monitors
    -nursery decor
    -socks
    -more diapers

thats all i can think of at the moment...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• toys! They won't use them for a few months, but that was the one thing I realized I had none of when my first was born - a few rattles, some things to attach to his car seat, stroller, etc.

Answer by missanc at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• diapers , wipes , passies , clothes , blankets , socks , baby soap and lotions and diaper rash stuff this list goes on lol
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You're biggest expenses will be diapers, wipes and formula(if you don't breastfeed). If you're blunt, just ask for gift cards so that you can buy your preferred brands(sometimes different diapers don't work well, each of my boys had to have a different kind)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Diapers, baby wash, baby lotion, wipes, onsies, sleepers, socks, bottles, pacifiers, and (if breastfeeding) nursing pads, milk storage bags, pump, lansiloh (sp*) are all good choices. I would ask for some size 2 and 3 diapers in addition to newborns bc they grow out of those soooooo fast. Good luck. :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would also get a sling if you want to wear baby (can be very helpful) and our swing was indispensable (total life saver). Definately diapers in different sizes b/c your baby will outgrow them quickly. Congrats
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• All the things listed above are great suggestions. However, I would recommend not asking for Binkys or bottles. Even if there is a brand/style you think you're going to use, I would wait to buy that stuff. I was given a few different kinds of Binkys and bottle when my dd was born and she didn't end up using any of them. She couldn't use any type of Binky (and believe me, I tried A LOT of them!) Every single one would make her gag. Same with bottles. I had to use the Playtex ones that are round, but the top of the nipple is flat.. not sure what they are called.. anyway, all the ones people had given me went to waist (Kind of.. I gave them to goodwill) Gift cards are always a great thing since you can assess what you received at the shower and then use the cards to get what you still need. Lullaby cds and first word or # books are good too. The best gift I got at dd shower was a lullaby cd. We both LOVED that cd!
    Megs5384

Answer by Megs5384 at 10:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I am nursing so I won't need bottles.

Thank you ALL for your wonderful suggestions :-)
    hsmominky

Comment by hsmominky (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Diapers :o)
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 12:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010