how do you calm a kicking baby in the tummy.....?

ive tried laying down, soothing bath rubbing my tummy ugh she just keeps kicking like crazy

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 9:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• have you tried singing lullabies? If it doesn't help in utero, I always found it definitely helped after they were born to sing them a familiar tune they had heard while I was carrying them.

Answer by missanc at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• After having 4 babies....I've found the best way to help with all the kicking is........DELIVERY ;-)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• for me usually they were more active when i was relaxing, so maybe try getting up and doing something to rock them to sleep lol. my sons hardly ever moved but my daughter kicked all the time!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sometimes walking helps rock them to sleep....or if you don't have the energy for that, a rocking chair? Good luck! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• thanks im high risk and on bed rest what can i do in bed?
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 9:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• o.... nothing really. change position so that you won't feel it as much
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i have the same problem, but im not on bed rest, he just never stops. now that i am 27weeks i seem to b able to feel more, as if hes poking me in the stomach. wish i cud help, but nothing works for me.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 9:54 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ive been trying to sleep but she wont stop i tried music that calms me down but nothing.... shes being a little brat ha ha.... she is just like her daddy. wont leave me alone when im trying to get some rest. only his reasons are a bit more fun ha ha maybe if he was here she be happier.... i play videos of him talking and stuff and sometimes that helps but not tonight. she is just kicking and poking and everything she can do i guess.... maybe its a growth spurt going on and thats why she is restless?
    pinkdena

Comment by pinkdena (original poster) at 10:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• ok try this takign a walk or sit on the going washer, the vibrations and movement may rock him/her to sleep. or play soft music to your belly.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Perhaps it's the foods your eating. I remember every time I had chocolate my baby would do roller coaster rides. lol

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010