Should I stay or should I go?

I asked a question earlier about possible back labor. Well, my contractions are 2-3 minutes apart, but I'm still not in so much pain that I'm crying- but then again, with all 6 of my kids, I didn't start crying until I actually had to push. Maybe I have a high pain tolerance? I don't know. My midwife said not to go to the hospital unless I was crying. It's definitely painful to walk. I took a bath, drank 3 oz of wine like instructed, drank 3 bottles of water.... still contracting like a mad woman though. Bah, this is so frustrating. im due on the 10th- 4cm dilated and 100% effaced as of last friday.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow you have been 4cm and 100% for that long?! Crazy. You MUST have a high pain tolerance. I would go, but that's just me.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 9:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• well i never had a midwife, but my ob always said when the contractions are 2-3 minitues apart to come to the hospital. if you know from experience that you won't be in major pain until it's time to push, why would she tell you to wait until then to go to the hospital? it sounds like if you wait that long you'll be having baby in the back of somebody's car....
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• go in to sooth your ahhhh feeling
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I definately think that you should go. I would rather be safe than sorry. My MIL is a Labor and Delivery nurse and she says that they would rather women come in and be checked than to wait because they are worried about going and it being false labor. Good Luck.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• How many children have you given birth too!! If you are 100% effaced that cannot go backwards and today is for a few hours the 8th, I think if you are having problems walking to go to the hospital. You might not want to wait until you are crying to go, you might have a baby on the side of the road somewhere if you do wait. What does your instincts tell you to do???
    Ruthie170

Answer by Ruthie170 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would def. go!!! CONGRATS!!!
    confusedgirl919

Answer by confusedgirl919 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If the contactions are steady and does not stop when you lie down with feet elevated I would consider going expecially since this is not your first child. How far are you from the hospital I would take that into consideration also.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 9:50 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I definantly say you should go. I actually slept through part of both of my labors and was in no serious pain until it was actually time to push. Both times they tried to tell me I was not in labor until they checked me. Even then the nurses seemed so surprised. Go and get checked out. Unless you want to possibly have the baby at home. :)
    Elayna90

Answer by Elayna90 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• your in labor. You wait too long you won't be able to get an epidural. Have a good delivery.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• go
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 9:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010