removing pet hair

they have th thing at walmart to help remove pet hair from furniture? Does it work? Its like a swiffer sweeper except i think you just attatch it to something and run it over your couch and stuff,I have a jack russel who sheds bad and i was thinking about getting one.Any suggestions.

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 9:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pets

• Is your jack a smooth, wire or broken coated one? For a smooth coat I highly recommend getting what is called a 'hound glove' also known now as a 'shampoo mitt'. It is a rubber glove that fits over your hand, and has little rubber nodules on it. Take your little one outside daily during major shed season, spring and fall. A couple times a week during slower times is usually pretty sufficient. Spend a good half hour rubbing all over your little one, circular and straight motions, this will help remove alot of the loose hair. For on your furniture I would imagine pretty much anything like a lint remover would be good, even try the glove and see if that helps.
    jojuzach

Answer by jojuzach at 11:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• If you bush your dog once or twice a day, the shedding wouldn't be as bad. They have things for the fur.. pledge makes a great one. Also, you can use your vacuum to get pet hair up. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 11:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• the dirt devil vaccuum for pet is amazing, they have attachments that go right onto the vaccuum to suck out dog hair from couches, stairs, etc...
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my auntie has this tape brush thingie
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2010