For Christians Only!!!

Where do you get your prayers from? Do you just add to scriptures or create one or from a book or online???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 9:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I just talk to God like I would a friend.
    charity987

Answer by charity987 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I just pray whatever comes to mind. If there's something specific I need to remember to pray for/about, I write it down so I won't forget.
    hepmommy

Answer by hepmommy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I thank and praise him for everything he's done, and will do. Then i tell him what's on my mind, ask him to keep his hand over us, that he watches us throughout the day, then add whatever i need to say, pray for people, my kids, ect., whatever needs to be prayed about, i thank him and praise him again.

sometimes, i have a hard time finding words to say. so i ask God to give me the words to say. He knows what i need, He's just waiting for me to ask Him. that comes from "knock and he shall answer, seek, and ye shall find" verse, i don't remember where it is off the top of my head though...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 10:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i pray from the heart and always say the lord's pray in the beginning because i am teaching it to my kids as a kind of 'opening' prayer. other than that i pray according to our thanks and needs for that day
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I pray about what is on my heart and my mind. Sometimes I feel a leading of the Holy Spirit to pray about someone or something. I always pray for God's will on the matter and in the name of Jesus my Lord and Savior.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I pray what I feel, to me it doesn't mean anything to recite something, prayer is about personal communication.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Since I'm not eloquent, I like to pick out pre-written prayers, usually from http://www.catholic.org/prayers/.  (Scroll down to the "Pick a Prayer Section")  They are suitable for any Christian.  It's nice how they have them organized.  And I usually add (or take away) words or phrased that pertain (or don't pertain) to me, to make it more personal.

flatlanderjenn

Answer by flatlanderjenn at 9:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010