What is your all-time favorite holiday and why?

My absolute favorite holiday is Christmas. I have so many special and warm childhood memories at Christmas time. I remember baking all sorts of cookies and treats with my mom, decorating the Christmas tree with the family, going to the candlelight service at church and singing Christmas carols, watching the Christmas parade and going to the annual tree lighting ceremony in our hometown. Christmas will be hard this year for me due to the recent loss of my mother, but I am lucky to have so many fond memories of her. So, what is your favorite holiday, and why is it your favorite?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 9:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Holidays

• Christmas 1. its when we celebrate Jesus birthday 2. the whole family gets together. 3. everyone seems to be in a holly jolly mood instead of a grouchy mood.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My all time favorite is may day... i remember making may baskets, filling them with flowers and baked good and little toys, and leaving them on peoples door steps ringing the door bell and running like hell. Now I make them every year with my daughter. Most people don't celebrate may day... it is a lost holiday but I still do.
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 10:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Christmas because it's not just about the day it's the preparation and a month ahead of time and the feeling you get and how the whole world just acts differently. I love Christmas.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 10:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• christmas is my favorite too and for many of the same reasons as you! now my kids love christmas too and it just makes me feel so good seeing their face light up everytime they see any kind of christmas decorations!
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It would be Xmas for me also...I love all the lights and decorations...and ppl seem so much kinda doing the xmas holidays...and lets not forget the wonderful gifts!!!! :) I'm looing forward to this christmas...bcuz i've been a good girl...so i hope santa puts that lab top in my stocking....lol along with a bebe bag...haha
    TezMoM

Answer by TezMoM at 10:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Samhain/Halloween... It's both the most fun holiday of the year, and the most spiritual day for me as well... In addition, It just happens to be the greatest time of the year... Just beautiful.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My favorite childhood holiday is hands-down Christmas. It was always a really special time of year and my mom's family always got together for a present exchange and party, that was my favorite part. Because of a falling out the family doesn't get together anymore and since we got married every Christmas has been spent with my in-laws. One year I decided we would stay home and have a nice holiday with just the kids and my MIL invited her whole family to our house. So, now my favorite holiday is Halloween, we always make the kids' costumes, have a big party with friends and enjoy the holiday without the drama that has overtaken Christmas (and Easter, 4th of July and Thanksgiving as we spend all of these with hubby's family - I don't have family very close so it's his or none).

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thanksgiving. It's all about the food! And the excitement of the upcoming Christmas holiday. And, there's no post-holiday depression like after Christmas.
    Iluvautumn

Answer by Iluvautumn at 10:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Everyone has such great reasons for liking their favorite holiday! I would have never thought that May Day would have been one of the answers, but just goes to show how much you can learn from asking. :)
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 11:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010