Hashimoto's thyroiditis?

Has anyone been diagnosed with this? My doctor is running tests, but I'm pretty sure this will be my diagnosis. I'm a nurse and I know that I have most of the symptoms of hypothyroid, and I've also had a low-grade fever for at least the past month. Actually I've been having "hot flashes" all summer, but didn't think to take my temp during one until a month ago. My thyroid is a bit enlarged, too. I am so fatigued that it's a struggle to function.

If you've had this, have you found that Advil controls the fever? It's not that high, but it's uncomfortable. Has your doctor done anything else besides prescribing Synthroid, calcium and vitamin D?

If you had fertility problems, did they improve after treatment?

Iamgr8teful

Asked by Iamgr8teful at 10:05 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

• bump
    sorry i cannot help you... i hope you get your answers.... i asked a question about a very rare genetic disease and got nothing... .
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 9:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Thyroid tests (and all others except SED rate) came back normal. It's starting to look like I may be going through pre-menopause at 41.
    Iamgr8teful

Comment by Iamgr8teful (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Sep. 19, 2010