Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

I hate to go to the ER without insurance..debating if I should go for this... adult content

I have a history of ovarian cysts, and heavy periods. All day yesterday I was really tired and lazy for no good reason, at about 6pm I felt horrible and lightheaded, short of breath had to go to bed. I got up this morning, felt ok for a little bit, then got nautious and short of breath. Had a stressful day at work, went into the bathroom 1 hour ago and passed a giant bright red glob of blood on the ground. It could have filled the palm of my hand and was solid. Almost looked like an organ. I had a period last month, I also had my tubes tied so it's probably not pregnancy. It hurts pretty bad and my belly is big and round, and hard like I'm preg. My crotch hurts, and so does my back. I feel really spacy, and weak. I'm wondering if it's just a bad period that will pass, or if I should go in. I don't have insurance and I have to work tomorrow! I don't want to over react either. Any idea what this is?

Answer Question

Asked by Musicmom80 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Health

Level 36 (80,428 Credits)
Answers (13)
  • I would go to the hospital. I am not someone that would normally run to the ER either, but for that I would go.

    Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:11 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • how big was it? bigger than a golf ball? a baseball? if it was bigger than a golf ball i would say go see your dr. but i think all the symptoms you are describing were from trying to pass out that bloodclot. if you're still having back pain and hard tummy there might be more clots waiting to come out.

    Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Yes go!

    My job is actually counseling people who have no insurance in an ER. Most ERs have payment play options, they can help you apply for state health insurance if you qualify, or they can give you a huge discount/write off your entire bill if you ask about it. You'll always get treated in an ER and they'll work with you if you work with them on the bill.

    Don't put off an emergent need for lack of insurance. Your health should not be up for debate.

    Answer by beckcorc at 10:12 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Yes, you should go, these are signs of endometriosis or adenomyosis

    Answer by scout_mom at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • go

    Answer by nsrush83 at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • You should go for that.

    Answer by lovinangels at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Could just be uterine fibroids

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I work in the ER and there are financial assistance programs you can qualify for. One is Medicaid and another is an Indigent Care Program, however, in the ER I work in, you have to tell them that you need financial assistance, they don't just offer it.

    Answer by MomMom23 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • go to the er

    Answer by vampire2007 at 10:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • i am one that waits until i absolutely have to go to go to er, and i advise you to go. keep us posted please

    Answer by JAJA_Steele at 11:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health
Should I be worried?TMI.

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
MRI On baby Ben!!!