What is a good haircut to get without cutting my hair to short?

I'm tired of all of my split ends, and my hair is extremely wavy and very curly in places too. I don't want my hair to be short, but I want to get it cut enough to get rid of the split ends. Does anyone know of a cute shoulder length do?

GenieBean

Asked by GenieBean at 10:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• your stylist can help you pick the best styles for your face shape that will suit your hair needs. Aside from that I dont want to make any suggestions that may not work for your face shape. You can pm me with your face shape and I'd be happy to look up photos of styles that would work with your hair type. (also I'm not sure if your hair is coarse coil curl, or coarse, or medium or thin.. or if the density is thick -thin.. so again I'd be wary of making a suggestion without seeing it).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i get layers to my hair, how wavy is your hair
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It's very wavy, and sometimes it's more curly than wavy. It all depends on how it dries. I never blow dry.
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 10:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It depends on your face shape. One cut that I love and have seen alot of is the layered, notched style that can be worn shaping the face. It sounds like you have hair that will curl up in this style, as does mine. You can use a blow dryer and good brush to create the straightening. A big part of it is to get it thinned, layered and razor cut. You can go to a salon and look at their books or bring in a picture of the style you like. It is very helpful for the stylist. :-) Have fun.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 10:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yeah get layers...I have naturally wavy/curly hair and the layers seem to make my hair look nice full of body.
    try conditioning your hair more often mainly the loose hair not so much on the roots and wash with cool water and rinse with cool water. GL I usually do this then when my hair is damp I put moose and omg I love the way it comes out oh and I let it dry naturally or like on hot days I'll sit in front of the fan and let my hair dry like that...lol but hey it keeps me cool at the same time.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Thank you ladies. I was thinking layers myself, but all of you have made my decision that much easier. Great answers from all of you!
    GenieBean

Comment by GenieBean (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• if i was you i'd pic out some hairstyles i liked and ask your stylist which 1 would look the best on you,and if you don't like the wavy/curl look just use a flat iron
    mom2eas

Answer by mom2eas at 1:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010