How many college grads on here aren't working in the field of your degree?

Do you wish you majored in something else?

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 10:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have an MS in IT but I havent been able to find a job and I dont want to try because I am so attached to my kids. I just dont want them raised by the babysitter or the daycare staff. I plan on getting a job once my youngest is in 1st grade. But this choice is killing my family!
    jmsst44

Answer by jmsst44 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i do lol. i majored in animal science and worked as a zookeeper for a couple of years before becoming a teacher. now i'm a sahm. i guess if i wanted to go back to work i would work as a education person at the zoo, but it doesn't pay hardly anything so what's the point? lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• No I just wish I had been able to start my education in the correct field years before I did. Now I'm disabled and can't use my degrees.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My husband has a degree in TV production and can't be working further from it. He works for an airline. He doesn't wish he had a different major, he just wishes he was able to break into the business easier.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I studied math with an emphasis in teaching. I ended up teaching fitness in the senior centers. The highest I counted was eight- 5, 6, 7, 8. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 10:19 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• (as I bristle because I suppose it doesn't count that I'm working as a stay-at-home home schooling mom) I have a teaching degree. I chose to quit teaching to raise my family when my oldest was born almost 25 years ago. I still teach (at home) but haven't gotten a paycheck since then.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 11:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I wish that I had studied a different field. Physical therapy, for example.

• I have a degree in Early Childhood Education. RIght now I am a SAHM. But the past two years I taught music and computers to preschool and kindergarten, but I could have done it wilthout my degree too...hahahahaha

I will teach again one day, right now I teach my kids :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i went to culinery school. worked as a chef for a few years, then moved to new york and realised you can makemore money as a waitress or bartender, so i startd as a waitress and son became a bartender, now im a sahm to be, don't know what i will do next, cos i am sick of the resturant /bar scene, maybe ill bake cookies and sell them hehe, i love to cook and bake still, but just not in that kind of envirnment anymore.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 11:23 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• at the moment i'm not...i have a degree in business mgmt and im still a server at the job i had through college. i'm on so many job sites and have applied for so many jobs, but havent gotten one yet...but i do plan to do something in my field, hopefully more in the HR side of it...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 12:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010