Do you work in the Medical Field?

What do you do and how did you get started?

Keyonsmom

Asked by Keyonsmom at 10:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Money & Work

• I register patients in the ER at the moment. It's not what I started out doing and I don't particularly enjoy it, but it pays the bills for now. I started working as a CNA in a nursing home when I was 15.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• nope i dont
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 10:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I used to.
    I started out as a Health Unit Coordinator in a hospital.. first in the pediatric unit and then the neurology unit.
    Then I was the Office Manager of a large pediatric group on 5th Avenue in Manhatten.
    Then I became a certified Doula and Lactation Counselor

Now?? I'm an HR Director for a private special education school! :)
    FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I used to. I started out working as a Secretary in the Respiratory Dept. in a hospital. While doing that, I went through Paramedic School, worked as a volunteer for about 4 years. Moved, went through Respiratory School, decided I hated that, then I did Medical Transcription from my home. NOTE: I now hate the medical field and don't ever want to work in it again. I am burned out!!!!!!!!!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010