Dieting and your loved ones

When you are on a diet how does you family take it? Are they supportive or not really. Do they ridicule you when you cheat?
Do you cook separately for yourself or for everyone and try to incorporate ingredients that are good for you?

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 10:17 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• If I'm on a diet we're all eating healthy. I only cook once for each meal. My family is usually very supportive - I just don't have a lot of will power.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:25 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i usually cook a seperate meal for myself. my SO works overnight and doesnt eat dinner with us usually, and my son is only 15 months old so i make my son his dinner, i make my own dinner, and i make my SO's dinner when he wakes up. On his night off, or whenever we all get to eat dinner together - i usually make that my cheat night, and/or when i am cheating, i will make it healthier.. like eating mac n cheese is not on my diet at all (im on a NO carb diet) - but if its my cheat night, and i make us mac n cheese - i make it with whole wheat pasta. my SO is pretty supportive about it.. its just hard to stay on sometimes when hes eating all of this good food around me, and sometimes he feels bad i guess so he will offer me foods that he knows i dont want to eat, but if i tell him to stop he will. and no he doesnt ridicule me when i cheat, but thats because ive already lost 30 pounds, i only have 10 to go.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:02 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• but i do buy healthy things for the house, like you wont ever find white bread it my house, there is only whole wheat bread. so i do try and keep there foods healthy too but i dont make them eat like i do.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• When I was diagnosed diabetic, i changed some of what the whole family was eating (I was also high cholesterol, but none of us needed it!). I rarely cooked separate meals for myself, though if I was making high-carb casseroles, I kept out a measured portion of the ingredients it was OK for me to eat and cooked that in a separate dish. All of us benefited from lower fat, lower sugar, higher veggie/fruit content!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 11:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my dh is supportive
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 21, 2010