can I?

re-stuff a cushion from my couch? not the part that you sit on, but the one you lean against. (does that even make sense? LOL). Its all lop-sided & funky. I love my couch so I don't want to get rid of it.

stressedmomma13

Asked by stressedmomma13 at 10:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't see why not. I would contact an upholstery shop to get the right kind of stuff to use.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It might be easier to find an old cushion from a similar styled couch and swap out the insides since they are usually forms. If yours is just stuffing then sure you can restuff it.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You know, we had the same problem and assumed it couldn't be easily fixed so we left it that way. Then I decided to wash all the cushion covers, and when I unzipped the cushion I discovered it wasn't one big piece of foam, it was a few pieces of smaller foam. So it was very easy to re-stuff it and fix the smooshed part. Maybe yours is the same way?
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes you can
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:08 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes, you can, though what you stuff it with depends on the shape of the cushion. If it's a square-edged cushion you can simply buy new foam rubber inside (available in bulk at fabric stores). I used old floor cushions to stuff an old couch once.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 11:15 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Yes you can, as long as the new stuffing is the same as the old stuffing.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes I do believe you can when my dad just bought new furniture they come where you can unzip them and add more stuffing to them.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:57 PM on Sep. 9, 2010