Have You Ever........

Have you ever wondered why the statement love hurts is so true?

Mom_of_Boys2

Asked by Mom_of_Boys2 at 10:31 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Love only hurts if you let it... If you are in a solid, open, honest and stable relationship, there is no pain involved!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:32 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Love doesn't hurt. If it hurts then it's not love. I might be codependence. It might be relationship addiction. It might be something else toxic but not love. Let it go and find real love.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• My sister is in one of these type of relationships. I told her exactly what u ladies just told me. How can I help her?
    Mom_of_Boys2

Comment by Mom_of_Boys2 (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• True love can hurt, but is according of what kind of hurt.. If my husband should pass away.... I would hurt...my heart would break!
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 10:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I don't believe in that statement. True love doesn't hurt.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Only if you let itOnkt
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's because sometimes the people who you love hurt you the deepest. I don't think it's necessarily related to a romantic relationship, although it can be. Sometimes it can be a family member or a best friend. Often, they don't mean it to hurt you, but it still hurts all the same. If they intentionally do something to hurt you because they know all of your weaknesses, then it's time to reevaluate your love for them. In that case, they prove that they don't love you the same way you love them.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I dont think true love is supposed to hurt.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 11:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• love does hurt, not every one gets it right on the first try, remember when you were a teenager, you though your world was going to end when you broke up. we have to learn what love really is, till that point we do get hurt try to find real love.
    tamithy

Answer by tamithy at 12:28 AM on Sep. 9, 2010