Two old Car seat question

I have a 2 1/2 year old that I need to upgrade her carseat. Any suggestions on what to get? I drive a Honda Accord and it will have two car seart so I can't get something too big. Thats for the advice.

jepelican

Asked by jepelican at 10:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you check out the car seat safety group they would definitely be able to help you. But just some things they would like to know would be what is your budget? Do you want to rear face or forward face? How tall and how much does your little weigh? Does your car have the latch system in it or just seatbelts?

Depending on that information I hear that the Maestro is a decent seat, sunshine kids make good seats, Britax are great seats, Graco has good seats as well. It is kind of hard to make a suggestions without some more information.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 10:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I have a Graco MyRide that I really like and my car is tiny. It fits rear facing to 40lbs and front facing to 65. It's not very expensive either.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 10:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Is she forward facing or rear facing? I would go with a Graco Nautilus.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• She weights 33 pounds and is around 38 inches. I want a forward facing and I have on latch system just the seatbelt. I would like to pay no more than $150. I know I am being over protective. I have been to consumer report but all I see is they tested 5 seats. The Graco got the consumer report recomended. I had her sit in it but she did not like it. It was kind of a tight fit on the last setting. I would have to not use the straps in the seat and just the seatbelt. She is too young for that I think. I really want to keep her as safe as I can.

Were do I find the car safety group?

thanks for your help.
    jepelican

Comment by jepelican (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I love my Graco Nautalis 3-in-1 carseat. I have one for both of my kids. They seem to enjoy them. It's easy to clean and really fits nicely in the car.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my daughter loves hers and its just a cosco brand, its super comfy, has a pillow, cupholders, turns into a booster, and its only 75$ and its safety tested and all that.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Here is a link to the car seat safety group:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/5739

If you give them all of the same information you put here they should definitely be able to help you with seats that help keep your daughter safe.  My son is 4 1/2 and still harnessed in the Britax Frontier 85. But there are other seats that are really great for less money and lots of deals.  If you do go post in there I forgot that they may ask for her torso height if you have it.  I hope that helps. 

Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 11:28 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• We have been using The First Years True Fit car seats and my 2 year old boys seem to like them and so do I! They forward face to 65 pounds and 50 inches and have straps that don't need to be rethreaded to adjust which is great for growing kids. The cover also removes just as easily for washing. The only downside is that they are a bit large... I can fit 2 pretty easily in my Tahoe with room for another person in back. In an Accord they might just take up the entire back seat :) They also run just under $150.
    lilblufyrfly

Answer by lilblufyrfly at 12:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I recommend the Nautilus if you are going to FF. My almost 5 year old still comfortably uses this seat. You can go for a MyRide, and RF to 40 lbs, then switch to forward facing. What seat are you using now, and why do you feel the need to upgrade at this time?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:19 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I would have to not use the straps in the seat and just the seatbelt. She is too young for that I think. I really want to keep her as safe as I can.

And yes, you are absolutely right. She is not only too young, but too small to use just the belt in a seat.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:20 PM on Sep. 9, 2010