is it alright?

if you've been w/your boyfriend for almost 4 years to ask how many long term relationships they've had? And not to have them get mad about it?

Chell.o_0

Asked by Chell.o_0 at 11:03 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• um yeah lol, i asked my SO that after like 3 weeks of us being together.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• WHY have you waited 4yrs? That is a conversation that should have happened before you ever had sex with him....assuming you are having sex....I would say that is a 3-4mth into the relationship conversation
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:04 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I would say that after 4 years that question is long over due.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That is a question i'd want to know right off the bat. I would not have waited four years. Heck I did not even wait that long to get married lol. Maybe I just move quickly?
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 11:07 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That is a question that you should have asked in the early stages of dating. And No he shouldn't get defensive about you asking. You just want to get to know him better in that area.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:09 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• well-yeah. I know i'm sure we've talked about it before but I just thought i'd ask again. He just told me it's not a good idea to talk about past relationships. ha.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 11:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I agree with him. Why talk about what happen in the past. What matter is that he's with you now. Don't focus on his past relationships since they don't matter anymore.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• It's okay to ask but after so many years it shouldn't really matter.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I simply asked cuz our relationship needs help-I need to maybe dig a little deeper and try and fix it.
    Chell.o_0

Comment by Chell.o_0 (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• You don't need to dig in his past to fix the problem you may have with him now. See what is going on with your relationship. Going back in the past that didn't have any thing to do you. Leave sleeping dogs lie.
    paurad

Answer by paurad at 11:33 PM on Sep. 8, 2010