What do u think about Quran burning as a memmorial for 9/11?

nance209

Asked by nance209 at 11:13 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Religious Debate

• My question is.. Why are we giving this guy so much attention? You know he is lovin it. ! Its probably what he wanted. Every place I go on the internet someone is saying something.... Can we change the channel now? I woke up thinking.. I wonder how many posts, news articles, polls on this will i see today!
    I am praying hard that this guy decides to change his mind and heart on the matter but somehow I dont see it happening.. He said this... "we are still in prayer about this but we are still going forward with it." My thought was the scripture in the book of James about the double mindness... which is what that is.. he is praying but still going for it? What are they praying for if they are just going to go ahead with it... sounds like they arent fully sure yet? We shall see.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think that it is absolutely disgusting and against everything America stand for.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:16 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it is horrible. America is a land of FREEDOMS and for this "pastor" - a disgrace to that title - to condon the burning of a holy book is wrong. How would he feel if the Muslims retaliated by burning the Bible? He would be outraged. He is disrespecting thier religion and spreading HATE when God stands for Tolerance and Forgiveness.
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 11:20 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• As a Christian (a conservative Christian even) I find it pointless. If God told that Pastor to burn the Koron, then why didn't He also tell him to burn every other religious text that conflicts with Christianity. Christ told us to love our enemy and pray for those who persecute us. God also says that vengance belongs to Him, and this seems like a vengeful act. I think it is inflammatory and is only putting fuel on the fire instead of attempting to put the fire out. (forgive the pun ... it was not intended).
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 11:21 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• HORRIBLE. You have to have HATE in you to do something like that.
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:29 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Makes me sick! That A Hole isn't thinking the safety of our soldiers! It's been said (FOX NEWS) it may increase the violence towards Americans in Iraq, Afghanistan and possibly here in the US. What it's going to prove? It's just showing what a disgusting bigot this idiot is.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:18 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Misguided, pointless, ridiculous and self serving! This man is no better than a terrorist! What some people won't do for their 15 minutes of fame!
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's horrible. I'm a christian and it never ceases to amaze me what my fellow followers in Christ are capable of. This church is being plain hateful. If I was in the area I'd definitely be protesting the Quran burning in person. Just so I can tell those hateful, bigoted asses what I think of them.
    Sillymama530

Answer by Sillymama530 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I think it's disgusting and ridiculous and won't accomplish anything. To me, it's like a bunch of people getting together and deciding to hold a Bible burning as a memorial for the crusades or something.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 11:41 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Disgusting, ridiculous, un-Christian...
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010