i asked for a divorce part 2

reading everyones problems showed me that things don't get better on their own. i've been with my husband for almost 12 years (married 9 1/2) he was 18 and i was 23. i had a 3 year old and he still chose to be with me. fast foward to now, and he is 29 and i'm 34. He had done some rude comments about me being older and probably not looking as good as i did when i met him but what hurt the most was that when i met him he had nothing. with me , we built a good future together and also had a little girl six years ago. I think that he started doubting his discision to be with an older woman with a child but as i see it he got the best of me too. well to sum it all, that's why i asked for the divorce. i was not feeling secure any longer and felt he just didnt want to be the one to leave me, but as you can see. he chose not to leave and actually promised to change. because of his treatment i was starting to see myself as ugly, fat, unneeded, not of value.

vvivianlove

Asked by vvivianlove at 11:34 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Relationships

• how are you feeling now? you know he's not young as he was either. point that out.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 12:32 AM on Jul. 1, 2008

• feeling better, but i just have to wait and see
    vvivianlove

Answer by vvivianlove at 12:01 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• I HOPE THAT HE CHANGES FOR YOU MY DEAR, YOUR VERY WORTH IT-REMEMBER THAT! WISH YOU BOTH THE BEST LUCK ON A "NEW" START. ~KAY
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:09 PM on Jul. 1, 2008

• Yep, I wish I had more substance sometimes I am thirty eight and keep dating younger men to validate me...Its hard to keep looking young because our society dictates it. When I get over a 130 llbs and I am 5'8 I freak... I get my teeth whitened I work out I run... Only to find out it doesnt matter what you look like on the outside just what you look like on the inside. I wish I could give myself advice. 34 isnt old they say 50 is the new thirty. I still get carded when I go out to clubs with my friends and then the bouncer will say something like I didn't know you were that old and I laugh...
    So work on your inside and the rest will come.
    Anonymous

• make changes.... start eating right and working out... Do it for you... you WILL feel amazing and you will see changes in your confidence and your relationship... it all starts with you! Good Luck!
    lynn63042

Answer by lynn63042 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2008