How long should it take to receive a payment through Ebay?

I sold something. I use Paypal. How long does it take and how long should I give the buyer to pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Shopping

• I'd say 1 week. they may not be on the computer daily and may have not read the email yet saying they won.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• idk, I'm usually a buyer not a seller on ebay...I make payment as soon as I win. MOST auctions have a 5 day period to receive payment.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 9:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• you need to specify that in the ad when you sell it. I generally give 7 days on every day items, and if it's a big ticket item, I require a deposit within 2 days.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• The typical waiting period is seven days. If the winner/buyer hasn't paid by that time, you can default them and put the item up for bid again without penalties to you. There should be a link on your listing to notify ebay that the buyer fell through. Good luck!!!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 10:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Ebays policy is 7 days then if they do not pay tou can repost for free or offer it to the next highest bidder. You also shouls reprot it if they do not pay for ir. I always pay as soon as I win. It isn't like you don't know when the auction is ending they tell you how long you have until the auction ends.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Oct. 15, 2008