Serious problem! What is wrong with me?

I am panicking. I can't stand to have anyone too close to me or in my "space." I freak out at little things. I feel like I am going to crack any day now. I am 30 weeks pregnant. About this time during my last pregnancy, I ended up in the psych ward. There is something SERIOUSLY wrong, and it is scaring the crap out of me. I don't know what to do. I am beyond terrified. I don't want to end up in the psych ward, but at the same time I do. I want to be isolated away from everything. I don't know what to do. I'm already on anti-depressants and seeing a therapist and a psych doc. What more can I do? What the HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• emotional/mental instability can be a serious effect of pregnancy. For the vast majority of women it is minor but there are some women that it causes great distress. First of all I have to say that there is nothing wrong with you in the sense that you are not defective or negative in any manner, but this is a definite time that you need to be very open and ask for help. I feel that you should not only be honest and open with your partner, but you need to consult your OB immediately. Do not down play what you are feeling, because that puts you and your baby at harm. If going back into the psych ward is what is needed to finish the pregnancy and keep you and your baby healthy and safe then feel proud that you have the ability to address your vulerability. That is my thoughts but I wish you peace in whatever decision you make.
    littlebehr1

Answer by littlebehr1 at 12:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ask your doc... there are anti anxiety meds that aare safe for you to take while preggo.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Did you talk to your SO/DH? You need to. Try to get everything as stress free as possible. Definately call your Dr. to see about some meds. Best of luck to you.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The last time this happened, I went catatonic and couldn't talk for two hours. I cried for hours, and I KNOW for a fact that I am on the verge of that again even with the meds and psych appointments. I feel like I'm going crazy. I don't know what to do. I AM TERRIFIED! I only get like this during the last trimester of pregnancy.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• i suggest talking to your doctor. sounds like you have anxiety and perhaps more. tell someone how you feel so that you don't end up in the psych ward again. good luck.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010