Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How can I change my son's last name?

I am seprated and have been since Oct. 2008. I'm filing for divorce and want my ex to have nothing to do with my son, he's not a good person AT ALL!! I want to change my son's last name from "his" to my maiden name. Has anyone ever done this? Do you know how I would go about it? What should I do??


Asked by Mom2Dano at 11:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Baby Names

Level 18 (5,299 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (1)
  • There are a number of factors to consider. How old is your son, if he's just an infant most states have a grace period in which you can change the name. If hes older than that you really need to check with your state guidelines. Generally you have to speak with a lawyer and pay a fee to have the paperwork done. If you are already filing for divorce mention this to your divorce attorney they should be able to point you in the right direction. Hope that helps!

    Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

Next question in Baby Names
Middle Names?

Next question overall (Diet & Fitness)
How good is this P90X?