Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

How do I change my son's last name?

I am seprated and have been since Oct. 2008. I'm filing for divorce and want my ex to have nothing to do with my son, he's not a good person AT ALL!! I want to change my son's last name from "his" to my maiden name. Has anyone ever done this? Do you know how I would go about it? What should I do??


Asked by Mom2Dano at 11:37 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

Level 18 (5,299 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • How old is your son?

    Read this before you do any changes. BTW you didnt need to post the same question 4 different times

    Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:44 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • Thanks, that article was really relevent to my situation. I posted multiple times because I wasn't sure where to post the question, like what topic.

    Comment by Mom2Dano (original poster) at 12:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • in the state i live in, you just head to the courthouse and change it... only issue being if you have joint or shared custody with the father...

    Answer by asil at 12:32 AM on Sep. 9, 2010