Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I change my son's last name?

I am seprated and have been since Oct. 2008. I'm filing for divorce and want my ex to have nothing to do with my son, he's not a good person AT ALL!! I want to change my son's last name from "his" to my maiden name. Has anyone ever done this? Do you know how I would go about it? What should I do??


Asked by Mom2Dano at 11:38 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

Level 18 (5,299 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (2)
  • Just call your county offices and ask them which department handles name changes. It should just be a matter of filling out a form and paying a small fee- they can tell you for sure. Hugs !! :-)

    Answer by LeJane at 11:43 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

  • I'm not so sure you can do that without the biological father's permission.

    Answer by GingerKitten at 8:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010