How many of you were not successful at breast feeding?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 11:45 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I nursed my son for 4 months before I went back to work where I worked 4 hour shifts with only a 10 minute break. My son nursed on demand every hour which left little room for pumping. I pumped during my 10 minute break at work and then nursed as soon as I got home and then pumped whatever was left over. I was waking myself up at least 3 times a night just to pump in addition to nursing my son through the night. Eventually I just couldn't keep up. The 4 hours at work were causing me to produce less milk and I was getting zero sleep. I am proud of myself for sticking it out a month that way but it was just unreasonable.
    Now I stay at home and plan on nursing our next baby to 2. :)
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• none of my children like to breastfeed and i have five.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 11:46 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• me. i could of tried harder im sure, but i had a rough pregnancy and then my son was born at 34 weeks, i had a c-section, and it was too much work for him to just drink right from my nipple, so i used to have to put him on my nipples to keep them stimulated and then pump everytime and i was so tired from being pregnant and having the csection that after 3 weeks i just had enough.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had a horrable time with both kids and for me it was impossiable so gl
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 11:47 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Me. I had a hard time and had very little support from dh. If I knew then what I know NOW I would do things very differently. It may or may not have had a different outcome, but I would have liked to try. But my children are very healthy and formula was just fine for them!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:48 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• with my first she would not latch on only when the laction lady help me in her office and went home and nothing i did worked... so she was bottled feed with breast milk for a few months
    jannie1025

Answer by jannie1025 at 11:49 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Apparently, I was SUPER successful and was too uneducated on the subject to know. I mistook a growth spurt for not getting enough. I stopped at 1 month. I now realize...I was doing better than almost anybody. Dammit.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:51 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• my first child bf fine but i went back to work and didn't have time to pump while at work....my 2nd couldn't latch b/c he was tongue tied and had a slightly under developed soft palate /c he was born a month early, the only nipple he would take was those soothies
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I tried to nurse dd. She just wouldn't latch. I met with three lactation consulants, and she just didn't coperate. After forty min or so she would latch on, suck a little bit then let go and start screaming. And I have one inverted nipple, she refused that side competely. So I spent six weeks pumping every two hours. But once I went back to work I wasn't able to pump like I needed and my milk slowly went away.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I didn't get the chance to. my body didn't produce anything.
    Nightmarechick

Answer by Nightmarechick at 12:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010