Any muslim moms?

I have been married to a muslim man for 3 years we have recently gone through some hard times! I want to know if theres any thing that i can do religously to make him happy! And maybe some muslim 411?? His father just died.

ashlee31627

Asked by ashlee31627 at 8:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think just showing an interest in educating yourself about Islam would make your husband extremely happy. I am not trying to convert you - just to understand him better. I think it would show him a good deal of respect, which is very important to muslims.

You could either read a book about Islam - make sure it was written by a muslim though, because non-muslims tend to write books of criticism, and not explanation.

Or there are classes at local mosques on Islam. I studied Islam every Saturday for a year at the mosque where I lived. It was very informative. The class what about theology, an intellectual study of Islam. I found it very interesting.
    Gypsyuma

Answer by Gypsyuma at 6:56 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• There's a really nice helpful group on here called Muslim Moms, you should join an ask them if you don't get answer here.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/97/
    Anonymous

• greetings

I am sorry for the hard times you are going through with your husband. but I'm afraid the answer is a bit more complicated than you might think. NO one can answer you unless you give us some more information. like is he Muslim or Nation of Islam ? what is his cultural background ( very important, is he Arab from the middle east? is he African? Pakistani or Bangla?..etc. ....... ( continued bellow)

proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 5:43 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• ...( continued)....

how devout a Muslim is he? but most importantly, maybe you should sit him down calmly and discuss the situation openly with him . as a couple. see what his expectations were, or are. what has changed. Men usually respond more to calm conversation than emotional ones.

sorry if I was not of much help. please feel free to contact me, or visit our group anytime. Thank you Apr1I for the nice recommendation. you are so sweet.

best wishes, Salaam ( peace)

proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 5:45 AM on Oct. 15, 2008