when will labor start??? adult content

I will be 38 weeks on saturday so I should not go into labor until the 26th but I had contractions for two days last week and that dialated me to 3cm. Then yesterday and all night I had stronger contractions with slightly bloody discharge. Now today the contractions have decreased but I am having the same discharge and also bits of red blood which I did not have before. When does labor start? This is my fourth baby but my others were induced, so I am clueless. What do you think?

littlebehr1

Asked by littlebehr1 at 11:53 PM on Sep. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be now, it could hold off until 42 weeks. No one knows but baby. Just try and relax and it WILL happen..and it could be soon since stuff is happening.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:55 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• could be anytime. could be next week, could be your due date? you never know, you can go weeks after losing your mucus plug. just pay attention to the contractions and go in as soon as they are less than 5 minutes apart and last 30-60 seconds each
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• The person above is so right. It could be soon or it could be another month. Just hang in there the baby won't stay in there forever.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:57 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• That could very easily be your bloody show thats how i knew i was in labor with my first i was 15 but i had a bloody discharge i could barly even feel my contractions. Time how far apart your contractions are if they are 5 minutes or less apart you need to go in. Good Luck
    K3lly94

Answer by K3lly94 at 11:58 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• I had my plug come out weeks before..
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Sounds like you are getting close. Lots of women kind of go in and out of labor up until the big day. I DIDN'T, my labor started with my water breaking last time and the time before that I was basically induced, BUT I honestly think even though it's annoying for it to keep stopping and starting, it's easier on your body that way. That way it's broken up and probably more manageable. Be patient! You're so close! :)
    CrnchyMamaCraig

Answer by CrnchyMamaCraig at 11:59 PM on Sep. 8, 2010

• Your in labor hun but it maybe a few more days before you actually have the baby Goodluck
    rachel_07

Answer by rachel_07 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• im feeling you, im so ready for baby. at 36 weeks i was 1cm, 50% and 37 weeks i was 4cm, 75% i have contractions all the time but not close. my doctor told me when labor really starts it should go quick, but this is my second and first came in 6 hrs. im 38 weeks today and hoping soon, i also lost my bloody show 2 days ago, doctor even confermed this, so it can still take a while after loosing it. im just tring to relax and get last min stuff done, and enjoy lots of one on one time with my toddler since that will all change soon. good luck!
    mrsaustin271

Answer by mrsaustin271 at 10:18 AM on Sep. 9, 2010