HELP

I HAVE AN 8YR OLD AND A 4YR OLD AND IM 7 WEEKS PREG AND THEY STILL SLEEP WITH ME AND I HAVE 2 GET EM OUT ASAP I DNT SLEEP WELL ANY ADVICE? THEIR GIRLS AND THEIR STUCK 2 ME LIKE GLUE I WUD LEAVE EM ON THE SOFA IF THEY FALL ASLEEP THER BUT THEY GET UP N THE MID OF THE NITE AND GET IN THE BED WITH ME

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You need to be consistent and send them back to their own bed. They need to go to sleep in their own bed, not on the couch. come up with a bedtime routine, brush, get into pj's, read a book, go to bed. Are they afraid of being in their room alone? Or in the dark? Maybe they should share a room and have a nightlight, one that they pick out themselves. Good luck
    Maddape48854

Answer by Maddape48854 at 9:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I agree! But, then again, I have a 7 year old who sleeps with me for the time being, but he knows that when his stepfather comes home from Iraq, he will be back in his own bed. Rewards usually work with kids. Give them some incentive to work towards. We had a jelly bean jar with my son, but you can use whatever. If he misbehaved, I'd take out a jelly bean, but if he went the whole day without a problem, I'd put like 7 of them in, and once the jar was full, he got a treat. Normally, a trip to the gokart park, or indoor jungle gym places. So, with your's you could maybe do cotton balls or something and when they spend the whole night in their beds, add a cotton ball to their jar, when it's full, get them something that they really want. But, if they wind up in your bed, take out a cotton ball. Seeing what they have accomplished goes a long way!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 11:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Me and my husband intend to sleep alone but our kids always make it into our bed. We have one rule we are consistant with. They need to fall asleep in their own beds and then if they wake up they can come into ours. We hope that they will just start sleeping the whole night in their own beds. We also try to move them to their own beds when we go to bed. It's a tough night's sleep and get's even more crowded now that our baby wakes up (teething) and joins us. Some night's either me or my husband can be found sleeping in my sons bed.
    Fingers Crossed!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I watch nanny 911 and things like that and they just keep putting them back in there beds. There was one on where the mother and father had not slept in the same bed together for years because of the kids and all she has them do is put them in there beds and evrytime they get up you just put them back in there beds and sooner or later they stay. It takes alot and i do mean alot of patience, time and consistancy. But it does work i have done it. Good luck.
    jrsmith27

Answer by jrsmith27 at 8:49 PM on Oct. 21, 2008