i keep getting tightening!

is it normal to get tightening in your stomach?? ive been getting it really often today and its really REALLY TIGHT.... ive also gotten a few striking pains through my lower stomach...?? im not really in pain though ive been cleaning all day long...so im active and not in pain...im only 22 weeks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Pregnancy

• ITS PROBLY BRAXTON HICKS ITS NORMAL I JST DNT REMEMBER HOW EARLY U GET EM
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I hope you weren't breathing in fumes.... but you should be okay, It sounds pretty normal.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 9:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• sounds like braxton hicks (the tight part) and ligament pain at the lower part. but if you are worried, call the doctor.
    Anonymous

• it could be Braxton Hicks contractions...or the baby could have hiccups....it could be a number of things...I wouldn't worry too much unless you start to have bleeding, can't feel the baby move or have intense pain...next prenatal appoint. I would bring it up to your OB and tell them.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 9:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I wouldn't worry too much unless you start to have bleeding, can't feel the baby move or have intense pain...

If you have any of these....go to the hospital.
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 9:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• thanks ladies! i just got kind of nervous lol i always feel like someones going to think im a big idiot for asking a question like that. Thanks for helping though!!
    Anonymous

• If you keep getting though go to the ER. I don't know how many times I've seen someone in premature labor that kept thinking "It's only braxton hicks." If it lasts longer than a couple of hours go get checked. It probably started because of the cleaning. Pace yourself and slow down.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• it's contractions but i'm sure it's just braxton hicks!! i keep having that too...and they put me on "restricted movement". it's not full blow bedrest but i just have to take it easy. so take some time and lay down for a while and see if that helps. i can tell when i've been up too much...i start contracting again, if i lay down then it usually stops. i would certainly tell your doctor the next time you're in.
    soccermama08

Answer by soccermama08 at 10:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Answered at 7:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 by: Anonymous
    thanks ladies! i just got kind of nervous lol i always feel like someones going to think im a big idiot for asking a question like that. Thanks for helping though!!

DON'T FEEL LIKE AN IDIOT OR THINK SOMEONE WILL THINK YOU ARE! That's what this section is for. This is my third pregnancy and they are all different....if you have a question, no matter how silly it might seem to you, I betcha someone else is thinking the same thing and too afraid to ask.

I hope you are feeling better now!!!!
    AmmuJinanSamaan

Answer by AmmuJinanSamaan at 10:00 PM on Oct. 15, 2008