How likely is it to have the same type of labor pains with your second labor?

When I had my son in 2008 I was in labor for 23 hours but had no pain until about hour 18 it just felt like he was knotting up in the top part of my stomach. I have been feeling that with this one already but was wondering if anyone else had the same types of pain they had with their first. I am afraid that if I don't feel it again I will not make it to the hospital.

Candie2008

Asked by Candie2008 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine wasn't at the the same. With my first all I had was back and hip pains, that was easy to handle. With my second it was so freaking horrible, I had pain everywhere and felt every contraction.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i hope my next labor goes the same. i didn't get any pain til 9 cm and she was out a half hour after that. i was like you, just a hard stomach sensation
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• mine were totally different.. my 1st was back labor and i didn't know i was in labor until i went to the doctor and he checked me i was already dilated 6cm..... my 2nd was in my belly and it was horrible
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have only had 3 kids, but each pregnancy, and even more so labour and deliveries were very different. some of my primary faves in terms of position and "my song" as it were stayed the same, but length, where/when/how intense was unique to each.
    mamatrip

Answer by mamatrip at 12:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My 2 labors were pretty much the same. First one, it started with gas & nausia - took me an hour to realize I was in labor, then I was "sick" the rest of the 17 hrs. Second one was with twins....it felt like braxton hicks but stronger.Basically the same - only difference was that the 2nd time, I was not dilating and no water breaking, so they wouldn't keep me at the hospital, therefore, I felt REAL labor. As for that knot in top of stomach, I had that a few days before and it went away. Had it again 2 weeks after delivery -- found out it was acid reflux. So if you get i again - eat a bunch of tums & see what happens!!!
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 12:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My labors were not the same at all.
    It had everything to do with what I did-didn't do, how I chose to manage it...
    Both all-natural waterbirths, but total opposite feelings.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:53 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• both my labors were pretty much the same. this one was a little easier I think. I was calmer and knew what was happening. Pushing the babies out was different though. With my first in 2006 I remember my leg cramped really really bad and thats what I focused on. Also it burned a lot due to the stretching. this one my DS got stuck in my pelvis and came out face up and shoulders width wise not up and down. Pushing him out hurt a lot more but no burning.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 10:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010