Is my kid just being anoying or is there something wrong with him. HELP!!

I have a son that will be 5 in December and he is driving me nuts he goes around blurting out different sounds and never stops. He will play a video game and after about 15 minutes he wants to go on the computer and the same thing happens, reading a book to the kids is very hard now because he just keeps making these noises. He talks perfectly fine, there are no mental issues. The noises he makes are repeat words you say only over and over again or just loud screaching sounds, he's always banging it's just noise any type that he can think of. I talked to the Doctor several times and he keeps saying it's just boys being boys. Is he just trying to be anoying or is there something more than that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Health

• Hmmmmmm.....sounds like something you might should take him to a specialist about....just to be sure.....

He may have mild terrets syndrome...surely you have heard of that right?

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yeah, that kinda sounds like Tourettes Syndrome. Take him back in to the doctor and specifically ask about that. Maybe try to get some of the incidents on video, like a camera phone and then show it to the doc if he's not doing it in the office.
    Anonymous

• I have heard of that. I think I need to find another Doctor and start fresh again. thank you
    Anonymous

• You know I never thought to video tape him. That's another good idea. I'm glad I asked ty
    Anonymous

• Tourettes....thats how you spell it...I knew if I saw it....I would remember how to spell it.... ;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2008