Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

My 2 yr olds tooth

I found a small brown spot on my daughters tooth i was jus wondering if anyone elese has had to deal wit this an if the dentist will fill it or jus leave it alone cause she is so small. The dentist my older daughter goes to say they dont see younger kids till around age 3

Answer Question

Asked by lilbritches501 at 12:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

Level 3 (26 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Our dentist doesn't see kids until 3 also, although he has taken a look in my son's mouth when I am in there just to make sure it all looks ok and to get ds kind of used to him. But if you notice something on her tooth I think you should get it checked out. She won't lose her baby teeth until around 5 or 6, so if it IS a cavity, you'll want it looked at. You could explain to the receptionist at your current dentist and see if they will see her. If not, Google pediatric dentists in your area and get her in to one of them.

    Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • You can find dentist who see under 3, it's very hard to make a toddler work with you though, thats why alot of places have age requirements.
    The ADA suggest check ups starting at 12 months, look, you will find a dentist.
    It sounds like a cavity, and if she is still on a bottle could be from bottle rot. You really need to get her in because we are born with all our teeth, the adult teeth are in there but they are tiny. They grow just like every other bone in the body. Decay travels downward so baby teeth are very serious and need the same amount of care you would give adult teeth.
    As a dental assistant, little kids do better with mom or dad but with her age she needs someone so try to get a family member or friend she trust to go with you and go back with her while you hide around the corner. Kids really do tend to listen better at any age, 2 included.

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • *with OUT mom or dad

    Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

  • Go tp a pedi dentist! My son has a small brown spot on one tooth. by time we were able to get into the pedi dentist most of his tooth was so decayed that they had to cap it. and the decay spread to his other tooth. Call them first thing in the morning.

    Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 2:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.