lately i've been having terrible cramps...or should i call them contractions?? adult content

my dd is 2 now, and lately, in the past few months, when i'm on my period, i have serious cramps, i mean it's so bad it feels like contractions. normally it's right before i have to go #2...so i'm thinking they're contractions (of course we all know we kinda have them all the time, since all contractions are, is the body working on getting something out that doesn't belong, you just feel them more when it's a baby it's trying to get out lol) anyway, i'm thinking that i'm just more sensitive to them since i've been in labor...but at the same time dd is 2 and it just started...( i didn't go into labor with ds, so no contractions with him, he's 3) is it something i should worry about or not? i've NEVER had serious cramps until this started, they've always been a minor "oh it's a little upset stomach for a second" thing. i never even knew cramps could be so bad...and it's only during my period...never between.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• Pregnancy changes a lot of things. I could be that you are just more aware of your body since you've been pregnant before. If it is during your period, it's probably normal cramping that is just stronger. If it bothers you, contact your doctor. Have you stopped or started birth control? That can change things as well.
    marywilliams

Answer by marywilliams at 12:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I haven't been on bc since May...it didn't start until a couple months after that. i was off an on bc...off all last year, until dh came back in december, then i was on it, until we moved...then i got off. so i was only on it for 4 months
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010