We dont have sex anymore.... adult content

Before kids we would have sex at least once a day, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Ever since we had our first child in April 2005, I havent had any interest in sex. I dont know where our second child came from because we havent had sex more than 4-6 times a year since 2005.

I have put on agood bit of weight but he doesnt have a problem with it. The problem is with me. What is going on? Does anyone have or have had the same problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• Maybe go see a sex therapist. I have the same issue but not that extream. Same with my hubby and I we would have sex 1-3 times a day. Now after kids it's 2-3 times a week. Kids drain the hell out of you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:24 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I know what you mean. Sometimes it takes me awhile to get into things but maybe you should just go with it and you might wind up enjoying yourself.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• some women just lose their sex drive. i'm one of them too. the only time i'm every in the mood, is when i'm ovulating. it sucks too. poor dh has to deal with once a month, and sometimes he doesn't even get that. i can get in the mood, but it's very easy for me to ignore it, especially when i have things to do, like kids to deal with, house to clean, ect. sometimes i ignore it without even realizing i am. after ds was born, it was so rare, i knew the date dd was concieved. i'm slowly starting to get it back though, i just have to work myself up to it is all. i have to make sure i have some "me" time, think about dh in a pleasurable way...sometimes he has alot of work to do on his end just to get me in the mood. sometimes he tries, and it just doesn't happen though. those are the times i'm seriously not in the mood, he can do everything to me, but if i'm not into it, nothing turns me on. it sucks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I wish I was the problem then I could fix it. Sadly, its my husband who doesn't want sex anymore. I feel like such a reject some times because I practically have to beg for it. Its terrible. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Maybe talking it out with your hubby will help. Good luck and happy humping.
    kcuesta86

Answer by kcuesta86 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• my best advice is to just do it! If you are breastfeeding it can hinder your sex drive and depression can too. try physical activity to get your body into gear again, it will help your sex drive a lot. the more you do it the more fun it becomes.
    chance010507

Answer by chance010507 at 4:05 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This sounds like a vitamin/mineral deficiency to me. Upping your intake of B vitamins, iron, Vitamin C ,potassium, magnesium and zinc could help, as all of these vitamins and minerals are linked to sex drive and overall mood, and more than 70% of post-childbirth women are deficient in these vitamins/minerals. Exercise is also a factor in sex drive. Food-based sources are the best--strawberries, peppers (not green ones), sweet potatoes, spinach and other dark green leafy vegetables, bananas, dried fruits and citrus fruits. A topical L-Arginine supplement, available in your grocery store or drugstore's family planning aisle, can also help in the short term because it dilates blood vessels, bringing blood into the area.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 7:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Ive been having a problem with it also. DD is only 1, and she is our only child. I also gained quite a bit if weight, I used to be a size 5/6 now Im a 12.... =( And I have attributed part of it to not feeling good about myself, and haivng other things to do. DH always wante sex while the baby was playing, or when we were cooking dinner or some random time.... I talked to him about it, that you cant just spring it on me in the most awkward times like that. becasue I need some time to build up to it, to play aorund, ya know... Lol. also I have been eating a lot better, and just srted to excercise more, and it actually is helping with my sex drive. I havent seen any physical results just yet (its only been about a week), but I feel better, feel happier knowing I'm chainging my life. just hang in there mama, and try some new things, you never know what might surpise you!
    SierraLynn

Answer by SierraLynn at 10:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010