Do you have to supply your childs snack daily?

Do they have to have 1 or 2 snacks a day?

my son just started kindergarten and they have 2 daily snacks and which also means they need to have something to drink with it...I mean who wants pretzels and crackers with out a drink?
Just seems like alot for those who have low income...like us I have to try to figure out 2 snacks a day for 2 weeks and there isn't much money and we don't get foodstamps or qualify

togo90210

Asked by togo90210 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes, as well as lunch. No schools around here supply lunch. I find it normal to have to pack lunches, and would prefer it to even if I had a choice of school or home lunch. I send her/him with about 4-5 items in their lunch, as well as a water bottle, and they pick what they have for their snack, though it has to be a healthy item. The sweet things or any dessert type things have to be eatten last, like dessert normaly would.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My kids school made pretzels part of the school list each year. We did have to provide a snack and drink, plus her lunch. But if we didn't the teacher did always have pretzels and water on hand.
    isaboo22

Answer by isaboo22 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My little girl just to and we have to do the snack thing once a mth.
    angel_nicoel2

Answer by angel_nicoel2 at 12:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We used to have to provide snacks for the whole class once a month-this I didn't like because I like to choose what my child will be eating. The next year we had to send 1 snack a day. This year the school got a grant and the school supplies healthy snacks-only fruits and vegtables. I love this!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes my daughter gets one snack a day i send her something to eat and a drink
    alyssa1

Answer by alyssa1 at 9:27 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 11:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010