how shld i begin potty training??

i wnt to strt potty training my 19 mo old lo. How should i do this wat did u do that worked for ur lo?

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• With DD we picked out a potty together, I let her hang out in the bathroom, check out the seat (we got the one that goes on the toilet and a step stool), didn't rush her bc she was scared of the seat and not showing strong signs.
    Once the strong signs get there you can change dirty diapers in the bathroom, make your LO sit on the toliet even if they already went, wash hands... always sit on the toilet before and after bath... 1st thing in the morning and after nap, always before bed... if it is a poop diaper and solid than flush the poop in front of LO down the toilet.
    Lots of praise, maybe a little reward when the toilet is used start to finish.
    Good luck!
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I just let my little boy go to the bathroom with me, and in no time he was wanting to sit on his potty. Then he went to the big potty and now he stands up and pees like a big boy
    EthsMadsmommy

Answer by EthsMadsmommy at 2:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010