Do you sleep with a snoring mate and does it bother you?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 12:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Relationships

• YES! and it not only bothers me, it irritates the hell out of me! I can't even sleep with him. I have used ear plugs, sleeping pills, and sleeping mask and none of it works. I can be a heavy sleeper, but his snore is really LOUD! I even recorded one night from the living room. It sounds like a cave full of hibernating BEARS.  

Ks_mom94

Answer by Ks_mom94 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 11, 2010

• Yes I do. Does it bother me? That's an understatement. It actually annoys the hell out of me. I would like to catch some ZZZs too, but how can I when somebody is sawing logs all night. I elbow my husband a lot during the night that usually stops the snoring for about 10 seconds so I do it again and again and eventually I exhaust myself and finally sleep:)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, you get used to the noise. LOL?
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 2:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• This is so funny! I say my hubby snores and HE says I snore. At times he wakes me up then I'm upset cuz I want to go back to sleep and he's SNORING. It takes me about 5 mins to fall back asleep but then I'm out. And HE's the one that sleeps thru a train. Seterah that sounds like my hubs. HE's in a full snore sleep mode in like no time flat as soon as he lays down in bed and closes his eyes! he's GONE!
    cmadd

Answer by cmadd at 10:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My husband's snoring problem makes me insane!
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh God yes. He tried those breath right things, they didn't work at all. I use an air filter to create background noise, that makes it easier to live with. I do kick him a lot too. Sometimes it makes the snoring stop for a couple of hours.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 12:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• It does make it a little harder to fall asleep especialy after getting up with the baby but once I do fall asleep it doesn't bother me.
    Winter711

Answer by Winter711 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My husband can rattle the windows 3 doors down from us, it is seriously LOUD, but no it doesn't bother me because when I am asleep I am out, you have to drive a train through my wall for me to hear it
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Sometimes I take sleeping pills so I'll be in a deep sleep
    kira25

Answer by kira25 at 3:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes my Dh snores. I just shove him or wake him and tell him to lie on his stomach. I am used to it once I fall asleep, it doesnt wake me. Just when i am trying to fall asleep he can fall asleep in 2minutes in a full blown snore.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:15 AM on Sep. 9, 2010