do they check your vag at your 6 week postpartum

mines tomorrow, well today technically and i'm wondering if i should wear a skirt just to make things easier. what happens at your 6 week pp?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Health

• My midwife did not, but if you go to an OB, they will.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• i remember them asking questions...that's all i remember though lol. they may have to check the cervix to make sure it's going back down to it's normal size, also if you had to get stitches i'm sure they'll check that. GL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:48 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Every PP visit I went to, they did. Usually it's a pelvic exam to make sure everything is back in place and a post partum pap.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:49 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My midwife didn't either because we had sex before I had my six week postpartum visit and she said as long as I didn't feel uncomfortable or pain during sex I was fine
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 12:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes they do. You can wear a skirt. They will do a pap smear and feel your uterus. They will probably have you fill out a survey about how you are feeling to determine your PPDepression likelihood. They will talk to you about birth control and prescribe whatever you need for that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:50 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes they do
    my3boys0710

Answer by my3boys0710 at 12:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• yes
    Nightmarechick

Answer by Nightmarechick at 12:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yes, they do. They need to check to make sure that your uterus is shrinking properly and is in the proper placement. They will also go over BC options and talk to you about PPD and other issues...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010