Do you believe in the Bible?

If you believe in the Bible, do you follow its exact words.. ? Do you believe in everything that is wrote in the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Religious Debate

• i believe that a couple thousand years ago a group of people got together and realized that by claiming to be divinely inspired they could control peoples thoughts and actions and it worked because people are basically gullible. the bible has caused people to discriminate groups of people and keep themselves from life's pleasures. no God would condone this and no God would inspire this. they actually convinced millions that evolution didn't happen despite the proof that it did happen. i believe God created evolution and i believe that he is very angry at those who used his name to sell the fiction of the bible and have people believe it was his will
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 2:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe it exists. I believe it's a great source of Myth, comparable to the Eddas, or other Ancient religious mythology writings. I do not however, see it as a "holy book" of great worth over any other. I find it full of wonderful myth, history and parable, but I do not believe it to be any more the word of God than the Odyssey.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:25 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I'm Christian and I'm human.
    I belive, my faith is stronger as times get harder but I mess up.
    I've messed up bad in the past but I regret it.
    I've forgiven people who have harmed me and take the nice approach to people who aren't so nice now.
    We can't follow the exact words, thats human nature, but we should try and our advice should follow it.
    DonnaPinitonya

Answer by DonnaPinitonya at 1:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe it, but I make mistakes just like the next person.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:22 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I believe it to be truth a holy book. We all sin and nobody is perfect. I am a Christian.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think the bible has a lot of historical facts in it., especially the OT. Do I believe it's literal or the only religious book to be followed? No.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:51 AM on Sep. 9, 2010