My son has to be on Alimentium and it is so expensive! Does anyone know how to o about getting it covered by insurance or getting sample other then from a Doctors office?

red1027

Asked by red1027 at 9:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WHERE I LIVE, IF YOU ARE ON WIC. YOU GET A PRESCRIPTION FROM YOUR DOCTOR, TAKE IT TO WIC, AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU SO MANY CNS OF THE POWDER A MONTH. IT SHOULD HELP,THAT WAY YOU WILL ONLY HAVE TO BUY 1 OR 2 IF YOU HAVE TO BUY ANY.GOOD LUCK

cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 9:31 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Also check out Ebay... I used to sell our formula for about half the regular cost...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• My son was on this too. Do you have WIC? I did, and at first they gave me a hard time because theres a list of things that your baby is supposed to have for them to give it to you. I had the doctor write me a script. There was one thing on the list that my doctor said he had(something really simple and not serious) so that i could get it.
    Anonymous

• i wonder if your insurance might cover it?
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 10:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Try getting your doc to write a prescription. I've heard some insurance companies will do that!
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 11:33 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Oh yeah, write the company and they will send samples!!!! I got lots of samples and coupons that way!!!!
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 11:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I found this online. Also, check if maybe there is an equivalent generic brand. I use the generic of Similac Advance. I buy it at Costco it's only $20 for 50oz . . it's a great deal and my daughter is fine with it. Good Luck!!

Have you joined the Similac Club(I think it is called Welcome Addition Club)? They will send you coupons and samples. They helped out a lot. My last thing is check out ebay. I use to buy from this person and I emailed them and they had a set price for me that was half of what the store was charging. They are from NY, so it is close and I would do a shipment a week. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2342524235&category=20403 Hope this helps.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080209205939AAc1Sql
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Oh . . and like the pp said . . write the company for samples . . and maybe you could ask your family, friends or even neighbors to do it also. I think you can just go to their website and register for them, so maybe you could just do it for them . . you may have to make up an imaginary baby. I don't know if you'd be comfortable with that . . but it's a free sample . . it's not like welfare fraud or anything. Good Luck to you!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 15, 2008