Do you have nice memories related to birth?

I don't with my first who was born in a hospital after 24 hours of ordeal after being induced. But I have wonderful memories of my second who came on her own at a birth center with a midwife. I also feel that I bonded differently with my second one.

glenndoir

Asked by glenndoir at 1:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I definitely do not with my first. It was an unnecessary c-section and the dr was really mean. I felt the whole surgery due to a high fever the pain meds went to fight it. There is much more to that birth but too much to type. I went into a depression for many months. 2nd birth was better but still had some not-so-great issues with dr. It was a successful vbac though and I was very grateful. Next birth I will be looking into a midwife and a possible at-home birth.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 1:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• No I was forced to be in a hospital, which was totally against what I had always wanted, because assisted home births are illegal in this state and the nearest midwife and birth center is about 2.5 hours away in another state. It was scarring, miserable, and horrible. I will NEVER have another baby in a hospital unless it's an emergency because of the way we were treated and how emotionally traumatizing it was for me. I was in the hospital for 2 of my 3 days of labor, plus two days after giving birth. I didn't get to eat anything until after she was born, so I had to go without food for about 2.5 days. Then the nurses kept trying to harass me into taking drugs and wouldn't let me move much even though my OB told them to let me do whatever I needed to. Then, I didn't even get to hold my daughter right after she was born because they told me they had to clean her before I could touch her! I was ready to kill someone.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• with my first I had a spinal block and i couldn't feel a thing! i remember when the doctor was trying to tell me to push, i was cracking up because my toes were tingly! it was pretty funny.

nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Well my 1st child was 11 days past due, I had an 8 hour labor with him from start to finish, and got immediate skin to skin after I pushed him out.

My 2nd it was 17 hours of labor and she resulted in a c-section, but her cry was by far the best thing I could hear and then they showed her to me, she was so beautiful

My 3rd everything was compltely horrible. My water broke at 24 weeks he was born at 25 weeks by c-sec after I delivered his foot by myself sitting on a toilet in a hospital, rushed to O.R. and I heard a small wimper and that was it. I got to see him over 6 hours later for the 1st time, I couldn't hold him or touch him. He was 1 piund 7 ounces, but an amazing fighter :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have fantastic memories of both. My first I was in labor for eight hours, with 6 minutes of pushing. With my second I was in labor almost four hours with 7 minutes of pushing. They were both amazing. =)
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• nope ! til i met her but thats about it
    chriskris

Answer by chriskris at 2:12 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• The best memory was pushing my DS out in 5 pushes.
    Seterah1010

Answer by Seterah1010 at 4:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My first I have very little memory of my oldest son because Demoral. The rest of them were "fine." Not perfect but not traumatizing.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not with my first two, but my third was so easy and quick. The last two were C-sections, so meh
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010