When you gave birth how badly did you want to go home afterwards?

Did you desperately want to get out of the hospital, away from all of the prodding and poking or did you want to stay there and let the nurses help with your fussy newborn? Both times, one was a c-section and one was completely drug-free VBAC, I couldn't WAIT to get out of the hospital!!!!!!

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 1:35 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I never have a problem being in the hospital. If anything I was upset cuz i had to leave the morning after I had my 2nd son lol.
    Keyonsmom

Answer by Keyonsmom at 1:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Oh God yes, I was begging them to let me out, I felt like in a prison.
    With my second birth which was not in a hospital, I went home after 7 hours of giving birth to a 11 LB baby.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 1:39 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I didn't even want to be in the hospital to begin with, but assisted home births are illegal in my state (and the nearest midwife is in another state), so I couldn't have a home birth like I always wanted. I was ready to just grab my baby and get the heck out of there like 3 minutes after she was born.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• ugh, i hated being in the hospital. i had a shared room with both my kids and it really sucks! i was ready to leave the next morning! here you have to stay at least 2 days after your baby is born before the docs will discharge you.
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 1:41 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Not me... I wanted to stay as long as I could... Someone brought me food, cleaned up after me (what little mess there was), let me watch TV all day (I didn't have cable at home) and I even got help with the baby... It was comfortable and the complete opposite from being in my crazy loud house! I would have moved in had the let me!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• With my 1st I enjoyed my hospital stay

With my 2nd she ended up being c-sec so I had to stay longer and I was NOT pleased

With my 3rd I spent 11 days in the hospital (my water broke at 24 weeks and he was born a week later after I birthed his foot bymyself sitting on a toilet in the hospital) I didn't want to leave at all honestly. My son was in NICU and I hated the thought of leaving him behind, esp since my other 2 kids were 4 hours north at my aunt's house, so I couldn't even go home to them.
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 1:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My biggest complaint was the nurses coming in all of the time and then the food. Other than that, I was okay there.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 1:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I did not have a problem being in the hospital either, shit I had people bringing me food to my bedside every day(either hospital or outside food I requested from my boyfriend). I had a little button I could push whenever I or my baby needed something which I could not take care of myself (and I never abused that, unlike others). I was there a bit longer than most because I smoked pot throughout my pregnancy and my child tested positive at birth so I had to wait for SS to release him. The only thing that irked me was the attitude I received from the nurses when I asked them to watch my son while I went outside to smoke a cig., (yes, I also smoked cigs. throughout my pregnancy). That pissed me off!!!! My son was born at 7lbs10ozs., apgar of 9 at birth and 10 when he was assessed 5 minutes later. He was super healthy, and NO i was not just lucky!!
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 1:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I am sorry, but @ Truth I cannot imagine what was going through your head when you were pregnant and just kept smoking pot. That is ridiculous. And cigarettes too? Wtf? I am NOT trying to judge you, but that's absurd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was ready to go home immediately.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010