How does your baby eat at 7-8 months?

My son is 7 and half months.... He has baby food (fruit) in the morning/bottle, bottle in the afternoon, veggies in the evening for dinner/ sippy cup and then bottle with bed. Is he eatting to less? Do you give your baby a snack too? He isn't really on a eat schedule during the day besides a bottle or two.... Am I feeding my baby right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We never did purees/jars...just direct to table food and self feeding. Baby controls how much to eat. Nutrition at that age comes from breastmilk/formula not solids because they can't digest it very well so its not a big deal if they don't eat a lot and it is better if they graze rather than have big set meals. We do baby led weaning...no fuss...and practically free. baby led solids We won't have to wean baby off of jars. Babyfood is a waste of money and it can cause texture issues and aversion to table foods because they aren't used to the textures, flavors, shapes, and the uniqueness that comes with non jar food.

No teeth are required. my 11mo has no teeth and makes short work of WHOLE apples, plums, pears, etc. There's nothing she won't try either including half sour pickles, beets, asparagus, and cauliflower.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 1:45 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• You are doing good. I would add some meat in there for dinner and a lil snack during the day wont hurt. You could also add a lil oatmeal or cereal add in with baby food for breakfast.
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010