What was your babies APGAR at birth?

My sons was 9 at birth and 10 when they did the second test 5 minutes later.

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 1:56 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Justin 8 and then 9

Autumn 9 then 9

Joshua 8 and then 9 (it was actually rare for Joshua to be that good because he was born at 25 weeks gestation)
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 2:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My goodness truthteller, isn't a bit harsh to say that just because a mother doesn't know the meaning of a APGAR score" they don't deserve their children"?
    thismamacooks

Answer by thismamacooks at 5:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Um, I really don't know that I ever knew that. Mine are 26 and 22 though! LOL! Used to do that alot in the Respiratory field though!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:57 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have no idea. I never asked and the doctor and midwife that delivered my kids never told me. I know they were all pink and lively when they were born. No problems with breathing or crying.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• My son's were 9's. They really don't mean much though.
    tiggermom803

Answer by tiggermom803 at 2:03 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Mine were both 8 and 9.
    I heard that if it's a 10, they will surely get into Harvard or Yale.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 2:04 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• LOL...they didn't tell me. And my kid was handed to me right after and was fine and nursing. If his score was bad, I wouldn't have been handed a pink, alert and awesome kid. I know what APGAR is and why it is done. Once I see it performed and see how my son is doing(considering he was on the table directly to my left), why does the actual score matter....? He was at least an 8..I could see that myself.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 7:01 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have been amazed in the past that some moms don't even know what an APGAR score is. It does mean something, at least to the mom it does! And it obviously means something to your OB and or MW or the test itself would never have been invented or have a purpose. But it does have a very specific purpose, as outlined by the initials!!! Some moms are just idiots and don't deserve their children!
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 2:16 AM on Sep. 9, 2010