My son keeps grabbing "himself"

Whenever my son is sitting on the couch or chair, he tends to pull out his boyhood and play with it, but he always tells me it hurts or something to that effect. What can I do?

EthsMadsmommy

Asked by EthsMadsmommy at 2:20 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• To a great extent you have to realize that they do this at this age. If he says that its hurting it is most likely just from his own manipulation but you might want to make a mental note to mention it to your pediatrician if he really seems to be in pain. Most likely he's saying it hurts because its the best way for him to translate what he is feeling. I personally don't think that any age is too young to teach manners. I know my daughter certainly knew what I meant when I told her she was being rude. I would start making him familiar whith what it means to be rude. We don't spit our food out for other people to see because it is rude. We don't scream when mommy is on the phone because it is rude. We don't touch ourselves there unless we are going potty or in the bath because it is rude. Patience is proably the biggest thing though. Its a boy thing, its a phase, you just have to try and transition him out of it.
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:00 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• He is just doing some self exploration which is totally normal he will grow out of it
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 9, 2010