Have you ever "prepped" your body for labor by doing ab exercises?

I have heard that doing this makes labor shorter and less painful because the ab uscles absorb some of the pain. Was wondering if anyone had done this and if so, what kids of exercises?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 2:26 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• No, it's not true. If you want less pain, stay out of the bed.
    glenndoir

Answer by glenndoir at 2:40 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I think I was able to get through natural childbirth relatively painlessly due to having inntense menstrual cramps for years lol. Seriously, I didn't think the pain was really THAT bad until the crowning. That was just mind-blowing.
    SweetLoveofMine

Comment by SweetLoveofMine (original poster) at 2:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• what kind of AB exercises can be done while pregnant? If you do sit ups of crunches you are going to blow your ab muscles. ( you know when they separate?)

I was in the worst shape when I had my most painless birth. But I do think that Yoga can be extremely beneficial! There is absolutely Nothing wrong with working out while pregnant! Go for it!
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:32 PM on Sep. 9, 2010