what do you think is too old for a bottle??

do you think going to be 2 in one month is too old for a bottle??????

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 9:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in General Parenting

• IMO yes
    Anonymous

• IMO yes, by pediatrician and dentist recommendations also a yes.
    Anonymous

• yeah, my first son was off at 6 months and using soft spout sippy cups. Then my 2nd son stopped at if Iremember correctly 8 or 9 months.
    MamiSanford

Answer by MamiSanford at 9:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Our pediatrician and the people at Wic told us to have our daughter bottle broken around 1 year. Bottles and pacifier's at a late age can cause dental problems, especially crossbites. Even the orthodontically safe ones aren't meant to be used for a long long time. They told us 1 year for a bottle and about 2 for the pacifier.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 9:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes....I dont understand why they would when they are WAYYYYY old enough to use a sippy cup.....
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 9:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Most doctors will tell you they shoud be off the bottle by 12 months... My son was on one til he was about 14 months because I didn't know any better. But 2... I would say yes. Move them to a sippy and then a cup. A straw may help the transition. We got my son a sippy cup with a straw instead of a spout because it helped him to transfer... now he uses a cup with no problem

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• supposed to take ur baby off the bottle at 11mths, latest 12mths(1yr) I just took my baby off the bottle but was also giving her juice in the cup like for 2mths and she's fine. A little cranky butt realy happy most of the time. You are the parent.
    Anonymous

• actually im not the parent LOL i would NOT let my kid have a bottle this long.... my SO's nephew is though...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 9:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• oh gawd yes! 1 is my limit for both bottle and pacis. period. way to old...
    lovinmyseabee

Answer by lovinmyseabee at 9:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• There IS NO "limit" Limit your OWN kids and not others.
    My son is 2 and still has one. I don't see the problem
    SexxyMomma26

Answer by SexxyMomma26 at 9:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008