How can you find the right shade of foundation to match you skin tone?

mom2eas

Asked by mom2eas at 2:59 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I go to Merle Norman to have mine checked....I also buy all my makeup from them
    MzGeorgiaPeach

Answer by MzGeorgiaPeach at 3:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Macys can find your shade- its complementary if you buy a make up item through them, but they usually just do it for free
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:07 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I go to Estee Lauder and have them find the right shade for me. Their Double wear foundation is amazing!
    onemellowmom

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• When trying to visually match your shade there are two important things. Visually guage the shade on the back of your wrist as this skin is the most closely matched in pigment to your own face. You want to find a shade that is just one shade darker than your natural tone to help blend blemishes. Think about it you can always tell when a womans foundation is too light! Second- try it out! When you try it you should try it on your jawline!!! This is so important, otherwise you get a mask look and nobody wants that. With those two tools you should really have an easy time finding the right foundation. Hope this helps!
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:33 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I agree with GoldenLinds.

Also, you can find these cards at most cosmetic displays that will show you a skin matching guide. Any department store will offer a free makeover and you will want to go out in natural light before you purchase. Lights in department stores at cosmetic counters are made to enhance. Also, any foundation should make you look flawless and good without all the other extra colors on your face. Lipsticks, blush, and eyeshadow colors are accents only.
    Don't forget to use a three step process before trying any foundation. Clean skin is a must.
    JOCKEYP2PMOM

Answer by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 4:11 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• go to a make up counter where you can try samples.. apply the color you think will match to your jaw line and see how it blends.. trial and error from there.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:49 PM on Sep. 9, 2010

• Yeah try samples or go to the make up counter in macys or jc penny and they can match it for you
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 10, 2010

• Thanks To Everyone!
    mom2eas

Comment by mom2eas (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Sep. 13, 2010