Men?! What? Does ANYone understand them?

Why do men seem to stay away from any form or hint of confrontation or long discussions? Would they rather not be bothered or have nothing to say? omg if I had to wait for my SO to come around and it be his idea to have a talk I would be DEAD!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2008 in Relationships

• lol, I'm sorry I'm not laughing at your problem but what you said lol! I think its because they don't know what to say..they know something is wrong an its probably their fault so they don't know what to do maybe??
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• I KNOW THE FEELING! lol Everytime i go to talk to my husband he never wants to talk because he "doesn't deal with confrontation well". i think thats bull crap. i just wish they would talk to us about the problems and just get it over with
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 9:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• men are do-ers not talkers. they think that talking solves nothing. to them they cant understand the kind of relief we get from vocalizing things. men like to internalize their problems. they want to think about things and solve them themselves. they think talking makes them weak because then they cant figure out how to solve problems on their own
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 9:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• men are buttheads! lol they have no clue whats going on around them unless its convenient to them or if they want to talk about it!
    4lyfe56

Answer by 4lyfe56 at 9:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Men like to solve problems. Women like to talk about them. To me, it seems like acting on the problems is more useful.
    I was this chapter in this book I'm reading that in marriage we always like to say "I'm always the one who has to..." BUT both of you are always the one who has to something. I always have to bring up problems we're having, but my husband is always the one to come up with a solution. I always have to give our son his baths but my husband does all the yardwork.
    Men and women complement eachother and often times we don't appreciate that... especially when it's really irritating! Sometimes I feel really bad for men because we really are sooo tough on them and they really don't ask for much at all
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Ye, I know that most men can be that way, and I think that it has a lot to do with how they were raised. There are some men out there that aren't afraid to have an actual serious conversation, and to be the ones to start it as well. In my relationship, it's the total opposite. My fiance is typically the one that wants to talk and I am the one that will (at times) shut down and not say a word. It's really strange. lol
    Dark_Princess_2

Answer by Dark_Princess_2 at 2:05 AM on Oct. 15, 2008

• glad I am not the only one who feels this way...lol
    NICNLV

Answer by NICNLV at 3:59 AM on Oct. 15, 2008