Questions about miscarriages and stillbirth!?

I am 32 weeks and I have had a pretty well pregnancy, nothing really has went wrong.. and I feel the baby move all the time, its a boy and me and my husband couldnt be any happier :).. But, for some reason I feel like this isnt happening, are we really going to have a baby in the house? I dont know why!!! Whats the chances of something bad happening? Why am i like this? ive never miscarried before, this is my first pregnancy. IM so excited. anyways I guess the real question is, for ladies who had a stillbirth or miscarried, how far along were you>? and what was the reason?

Armywifelovely

Asked by Armywifelovely at 3:09 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Is this your first baby? I had jitters like that. I had a miscarrage only a few weeks in, and right after got pregnant with my first (and only) baby. The stress you are causing yourself can actually make you sick. I ended up growing a tumor and in my 4th month of pregnancy had to have it removed off my ovary. God was definetly looking out for us- my daughter is now 16 months.
    stenhouse_baby

Answer by stenhouse_baby at 3:13 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• While I understand the feeling that your instincts are trying to tell you something I think in a highly emotional time(like you are in now) its really hard to determine instinct from fear. That being said if you are already 32 weeks and the doctor hasn't said anything then i'm sure your healthy and your jitters are normal. Personally I miscarrried at 17 weeks. I started to have the feelings you describe -like it wasn't real, that this baby wasn't reallycoming, that something was off- just a week after I found out I was pregnant. It was really sudden though, one day I was excited and the next I knew something was wrong though I tried to ignore it. I never got to the doc before I m/c (my 1st appt was later that week). There were other signs too, my symptoms were decreasing and I was feeling more "normal". If I were in your shoes I would embrace my pregnancy, put my fears to rest and enjoy. If you need proof to relax ask your doc
    GoldenLinds

Answer by GoldenLinds at 3:21 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I was 11 weeks. We don't really know the reason, they just didn't develop properly and then died. But they were monoamniotic identical twins, and the doc said that there is a high rate of miscarriage for those. During my next pregnancy, I didn't feel safe until I held him in my arms.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 3:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• well im going to tell you the truth 1st baby miscarried at 8 weeks and 2nd baby miscarried at 21 weeks and 3rd baby premature laborand baby she was born this yr in march 2010 and she only wieghed 14 oz's little bitty baby she lived to be 79 days old ; {
    but she was special and now prego with 4th baby 9 weeks and 2 days the problem with the whole pregnancies was that INcomplete cervix so also my dear freind of mine well she had her baby at full term but baby passed away just couldnt breath right

but you what ur doing really good and if the doctor didnt find anything thats good wish gl on ur pregnancy
    gordis2011

Answer by gordis2011 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I feel like that sometimes too when I am pregnant. I do know a woman that has had 2 full term stillbirths but, they were both the doctors fault. One they did an ultrasound and the cord was around the baby neck and they scheduled a c section 8 hours later and the baby had passed away by then. The second one the baby's movement had slowed way down and the doctor kept telling her she was paranoid.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:52 AM on Sep. 9, 2010