Car, Suv, Van, Truck.....What do you drive?

I need help in deciding what I should buy. All advice appreciated.

Asked by JOCKEYP2PMOM at 3:10 AM on Sep. 9, 2010 in Money & Work

• we have a car, but we've had an SUV also. Deciding what to buy can depend on how many kids you have, if you take lots of trips, have pets to haul around. I loved taking our SUV on trips because we had plenty of room in the very back for the dog to lounge comfortably and we we're able to put all our luggage on the luggage rack, but it was alot in gas. Our car is great in gas but we dont have anywhere near the space as we did in the SUV. Vans have all the space you need and great gas mileage, but I just dont care for them, I hate that "soccer mom" label they have, and they look ugly haha. I like trucks, but we havent had one yet. I wouldnt like it on a long drive because I wouldnt feel right about putting the dog back there on a highway drive, and they arent the greatest in gas either, but if you have stuff to haul, like a horse/boat trailer, then thats a good idea!

Answer by cassie_kellison at 3:14 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• We have a SUV and a sports car (which is for date nights or something with just the two of us cause its a two seater)

Answer by onemellowmom at 3:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• A gas guzzling SUV and I love it. My suburban is awesome.

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:17 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• car that 3 car-seats don't fit in so we are looking at a crossover with 6 to 7 passenger seating

Answer by natasha86 at 3:30 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• SUV hybrid (with 3 rows)

Answer by sherribeare at 3:34 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I have a 2011 Honda Pilot and I love it! It's the best car I've had since I had my kids. I used to have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I had quite a bit of problems with it from the beginning. It has 3 rows, and seats 8 people. I have a 3 year old and 18 month old, both of them are in front facing carseats. I have them sitting next to each other (center seat & seat behind driver), the other seat is open this way people can get into the 3rd row if needed. Oh yeah, a major plus to me is that it has air conditioning in the 2nd and 3 rows as well. It can have 3 different air conditioning settings (driver, passenger, and rear seats) We got it cheaper than our Jeep Cherokee too. As soon you can see I love my Pilot. I've seen many positive reviews on it from recent studies lately on Yahoo.

Hope this helps a bit.

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:42 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• A car right now, but I'll be getting a new SUV after Christmas.

Answer by Glamourina at 3:44 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• 2009 black Chevy Tahoe.

Kind of hard on gas.

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 6:37 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I drive an SUV.

Answer by andrea96 at 7:02 AM on Sep. 9, 2010

• I drive a small SUV; it's perfect for my needs.

Answer by FootballMom85 at 7:08 AM on Sep. 9, 2010